Donate food to support The Greater Vancouver Food Bank this holiday season! inlingua Vancouver will match all donations made by the staff and students, which means that your contribution will be doubled.
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society (GVFBS) is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower people to nourish themselves by providing access to healthy food, education and training.
How to get involved:
There will be food donation boxes around the school for each classroom. The classes in each campus that collect the most donations (food or money) will be awarded with a Pizza Party on Monday, December 22nd.
Here are few of the things that are in greatest demand:
- Baby food (in jars)
- Baby cereal (in boxes)
- Baby formula (powdered in containers or liquid in cans)
- Diapers (size 2, 3, 4)
- Other items such as baby oil‚ wipes‚ etc.
- Whole wheat pasta and rice
- Pasta sauce
- Canned protein (fish, meat, beans)
- Juices (100% natural fruit and vegetable)
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Healthy / low sugar cereals
- Natural peanut butter
Items we CANNOT accept:
- Homemade Items
- Items with Alcohol
- Expired Items
- Opened Packages
- 26% in need of help are children
- 18% in need of help are seniors
- 10% increase in new registrations from 2012
- 5% overall increase in clients from 2012-2013
- GVFBS has a food buying power of 3 to 1 for every dollar donated
- GVFBS occupies a 36,000 square foot warehouse
- GVFBS moves 8.5 million lbs. of food annually
- GVFBS employs less than 30 people